Friday, March 17, 2006

First Tests

I’ve bravely traversed across the fiery pits of despair (my first tests) of the semester. I was frustrated because my speed is not as good as it was before. I need to practice doing problems quickly again, because I wasn’t able to finish any of my tests (although other people also had trouble, but I especially affects me because I’m a slow test taker in general). 18.03 and 5.12 were not too bad, but not finishing affected my score, and I could have done much better.

My most difficult test was in my hardest class (not surprisingly). The 8.022 test was one of the hardest exams I have ever taken in my entire life. The average was a 49….I was ecstatic just to pass, and I even got average! Which means that I am average in a more competitive class with more intense students. I am proud of myself, and if I study harder, I can be above average!

So, in summary, I need to get back into practice with my test taking. This weekend I am going to do practice problems as fast as I possibly can, and I’ll be efficient in studying so I can maximize my scores.

I really like all of my classes so far. What I said earlier about them has remained true. My 8.022 psets take forever, and are very challenging, but I feel so good when I get a problem by myself.

Two tests and a pset next week, and then I’m free!

No comments: