Saturday, July 08, 2006

4th of July in Boston

Being away from Gus from a month has been like going with out water. Okay, so maybe not that horrible, but I do miss him a lot! I guess it feels like losing your watch and not being able to have coffee when you have it every morning. Maybe that’s also a bad analogy, but I feel like something’s missing all the time, and I have this weird craving in my stomach, like I’m addicted to something and I’m not sure what (but a good addiction, mind you).

Luckily, I was able to go back to Boston and visit Gus (he’s doing research in the Media Lab). And even better, it was on the 4th of July weekend!!!! I took the redeye flight out of San Jose and arrived in Boston at 5:30 in the morning. Gus met me at South Station (he was so excited to see me he stayed up all night :-), and then we walked back to Simmons. It was so great to see him! We had both been counting down the days before we would see each other. It seemed to take forever until it was finally June 30th.

We walked around in Boston a little bit, saw Superman Returns (good movie, by-the-way), ate lunch along the river, played Nintendo (I brought back some of my Nintendo 64 games for him, including The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, so he was very happy, and we played Banjo Kazooie and then Gus showed me some old school Nintendo, like the original Legend of Zelda and Star Tropics), watched some crazy movies at the dorm, exercised on the treadmill, and had a romantic dinner (which included candles!!!). Aww my boyfriend is so sweet. Don't worry, I won’t bore you with all lovey-dovey details, but I will say this: I don’t think I’ve ever been so relaxed. I had the time of my life, and I will always remember it.

And how could I forget to talk about the fireworks?! Thousands of people must have shown up across the Charles River. MIT was flooded with people, and the Harvard Bridge was completely packed. Gus and I were on the MIT side of the river, and we had a spectacular view of the fireworks. They lit off so many it seemed like a large golden cloud had been formed. I’ve never seen anything like it! Boston is an awesome place to go for the 4th of July because its history is a major part of America’s independence. Here is a pic of Gus and I and my lame attempt at catching some of the fireworks. Unfortunately I didn't take too many good pictures on this trip:








Now I’m back in California :-(, and I miss Gus again. I’m counting down the days until school starts and I get to see him!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you again! Who would've thought I'd ever be wishing for summer to end... :)
Love,
Your missed cup of coffee