Sunday, November 05, 2006

Meet the Parents: Parents Weekend at MIT

We had a four day weekend at the beginning of October, and I went with Gus’ parents to Rhode Island. This was my first time meeting them, so I was a little nervous, but after the first few minutes I felt comfortable with them. We stayed with some of their relatives in Rhode Island, and did some sightseeing (although, not as much as I would have liked, since I had to do a 6.001 computer programming project). During one trip, we went to see some of the famous mansions that go along the Rhode Island coast. All in all, it was a lot of fun, and I’m glad I was finally able to meet Gus’ parents!

A few days later, it was Parents Weekend, and my parents came to visit! They sat in some of my classes, went to lectures, and hung out with me in general. They got to meet Gus’ parents too, and fortunately for me, it seems that our families are compatible with each other. On the weekend, we went to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit at the Museum of Science, which was cool, but also disturbing (they are real bodies!). Check it out here: http://www.bodyworlds.com/index.html.

It was great seeing my parents, I’ve missed them over the past few months!

No comments: