Sunday, November 05, 2006

Pumpkin DROP!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween and ate lots of candy. Each year at MIT around Halloween, pumpkins are thrown off of the tallest building, the Green Building (Building 54 in MIT-speak). A huge crowd showed up to watch the event. Police are there and the whole building is roped off so no one gets crushed by the falling pumpkins. They threw off about 20 or so pumpkins and other forms of squash, which splattered onto the pavement below. There was even music in the background to make it more dramatic. Here are some pics of the remains of the pumpkins and Building 54:


Simmons also had a Halloween Carnival the same afternoon. Some of GRTs dressed up as characters from Nintendo’s Mario franchise, and their costumes were very creative. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pics. I didn’t dress up, but I do have a picture of me looking frightened underneath a giant spider.

No comments: